NEGL Research Program Goals
1. To enhance core understanding of cryospheric and ecological systems in Labrador & northeast Québec;
2. To evaluate the sensitivity of geosystems and ecosystems to observed and projected changes in climate and variability;
3. To produce useful and timely data and other information in support of environmental monitoring and assessment initiatives;
4. To train, mentor and prepare undergraduate and graduate students for a wide range of future career paths;
5. To work with communities and indigenous organizations/governments in a manner that is respectful of traditional knowledge and practices;
6. To provide training and graduate education opportunities for northern and indigenous students;
7. To facilitate and support climate change adaptation initiatives in northern Canada.